Monitoring zookeeper/juju on the bootstrap node in pyJuju

Tom Haddon tom.haddon at canonical.com
Wed Feb 27 15:01:59 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some lightweight but useful
checks of zookeeper/juju on the bootstrap node. I could just check for
the existence of a zookeeper process and a juju machine agent and
provisioning agent process but I'm wondering if there's something better
I could be doing, whether it's monitoring a logfile for having been
updated within some timeframe, or checking a process is responding to a
certain handshake on a certain port, or whatever. My only requirement is
that whatever I'm doing to check should have no chance of causing a
problem on the bootstrap node itself.

Thanks, Tom