[ANN] juju-core 1.9.9 has been released

David Cheney david.cheney at canonical.com
Sun Feb 24 05:11:27 UTC 2013

juju-core 1.9.9
===============

A new release of Juju, juju-core 1.9.9, is now available for testing.

Getting Juju
------------

juju-core 1.9.9 is available from the Gophers PPA

https://code.launchpad.net/~gophers/+archive/go

New and Notable
---------------

* destroy-machine (terminate-machine) is now implemented.
* improvements to the OpenStack provider.

Configuration changes
---------------------

nil

Known bugs and limitations
--------------------------

As this is an early release of Juju in Go there are a number of features
which are still to be implemented. A non exhaustive list of known issues
is as follows.

* Most types of relations are supported, but are not displayed in juju
status. #1073966
* The juju-core package currently cannot be installed in parallel with
juju 0.5/0.6 due to conflicting ownership of /usr/bin/juju (and others).
This may be mitigated in the future with alternatives. The current
workaround is to remove the juju 0.5/0.6 package before installing
juju-core 1.9.9.
* Constraints are not yet implemented. #1027873

As an unstable release we do not yet guarantee a clean upgrade path of
running environments from on 1.9.x version to another. However,
live-upgrades may work now, and will be a supported feature of 2.0.

We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju-dev at lists.canonical.com, or join us on #juju-dev on freenode.

Dave Cheney
On behalf of the Juju team
https://launchpad.net/juju-core