[ANN] juju-core 1.9.8 has been released
david.cheney at canonical.com
Fri Feb 8 23:02:07 UTC 2013
A new release of Juju, juju-core 1.9.8, is now available for testing.
juju-core 1.9.8 is available from the Gophers PPA
New and Notable
* Juju client now supports OS X -- No binary packages are available, but
go get launchpad.net/juju-core/cmd/juju
will download and compile from source providing Go is already installed.
* Experimental support for OpenStack Folsom -- Basic bootstrapping and
status has been tested on Canonistack and HP Cloud.
* Juju client now generates a sample configuration if you ask it nicely
-- “juju generate-config” will print a sample configuration to stdout.
Use the ‘-w’ flag to write it to ~/.juju/environments.yaml. It will
include (commented out) sections for all registered providers (ec2 and
openstack), including reasonable defaults where possible (randomized
names for default containers, admin keys, valid instance ids for known
* Raring series environments are now supported.
You can now use “juju generate-config -w” to write a sample bootstrap
default-image-id: <nova image id>
Known bugs and limitations
As this is an early release of Juju in Go there are a number of features
which are still to be implemented. A non exhaustive list of known issues
is as follows.
* Most types of relations are supported, but are not displayed in juju
* The juju-core package currently cannot be installed in parallel with
juju 0.5/0.6 due to conflicting ownership of /usr/bin/juju (and others).
This may be mitigated in the future with alternatives. The current
workaround is to remove the juju 0.5/0.6 package before installing
* terminate-machine is not yet implemented. #1073976
* Constraints are not yet implemented. #1027873
As an unstable release we do not yet guarantee a clean upgrade path of
running environments from one 1.9.x version to another. However,
live-upgrades may work now, and will be a supported feature of 2.0.
We encourage everyone interested in following the progress of juju-core
development to subscribe the mailing list at
juju-dev at lists.canonical.com, or join us on #juju-dev on freenode.
On behalf of the Juju team
More information about the Juju