Script in Charm - Secondary Charm?

Peter M. Petrakis peter.petrakis at canonical.com
Tue Feb 5 12:53:55 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 06:52 AM, Tiago Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the juju charm:
> After creating a new instance with a charm, how can I run a script with
> commands to install some programs needed in machine created?

Why not do that to being with?

> Another question:
> Secondary charm, this existis? This can help me in the question above?

Sure, sub-ordinate charms, you can look at them like "mixins" for primary
services. However, you have to answer the question whether those additional
packages fit in the scope of the primary service instead, service
definitions should be aligned along logical boundaries.

https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/subordinate-services.html