juju bootstrap fails in Azure (BadRequest - The affinity group name is empty or was not specified.)

max cantor i at cantor.mx
Mon Dec 9 22:37:37 UTC 2013

Commmand and results copied below. I'm aware of https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1236136 but this is a separate issue as I am using the West US region for everything.

This occurs when trying to bootstrap from an Azure VM and from a standalone machine.

Also, it seemed to come up in 1.16.3 too.

Certificates have been uploaded per instructions. Also, this occurs if I open the --upload-tools argument.

> dm at prd-juju:~/development/docmunch/ops/juju/juju-config$ rm -f ~/.juju/environments/* && juju bootstrap --show-log --upload-tools

>    2013-12-09 19:46:48 ERROR juju supercommand.go:282 POST request failed: BadRequest - The affinity group name is empty or was not specified. (http code 400: Bad Request)

The full debug output is on the AU page:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/388419/juju-bootstrap-fails-in-azure-badrequest-the-affinity-group-name-is-empty-or

--  max cantor Sent with Airmail