Use non-released images with the openstack provider

John Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Dec 9 03:51:22 UTC 2013

Non released streams was only supported in Azure for a time when there
weren't stable releases. It would be possible to implement and make it work
elsewhere,  but it was underutilized and did cause some bugs.

The main workaround is to do "custom" stream data and reference the built
images (juju metadata generate-image, IIRC). This is something you can do
*today* though it is a little clumsy and you have to maintain it yourself.
(Vs a daily stream that Canonical keeps updated when we publish a new
version). Then again maybe you don't want to get the latest every day?

AIUI the metadata is scheduled to be polished a bit this cycle,  but you're
welcome to open a bug about support for non released streams.
John
=:->