RackSpace support

Richard Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Thu Aug 29 02:21:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Patrick Hetu wrote:

> In RackSpace's Ubuntu images cloud-init is not installed by default
> so you have to create a custom image and bootrap with it.
> For that you need to create public container (cdn) with the metadata.
>
> I discovered that the userdata field doesn't exist in the API but there
> is a field named "personality" that is doing more or less the same thing.
>
> So I've put the user-data in the personnality field but now
> I'm getting a 413 error (Request Entity Too Large).

Just a heads up that I've brought this up to Jesse Noller, their community
guy, and he's brought it up internally to work on.

See: https://twitter.com/jessenoller/status/372340805639225345

I'd been looking at testing things out on rackspace a little bit ago and
ran into this as well.

--

Rick Harding

Cloud Engineering