PPAs for juju api client and deployer

Mark Canonical Ramm-Christensen mark.ramm-christensen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 21 20:40:56 UTC 2013

The stable PPA should move faster than the release, and should work on
precise as well.  And can be a single point of documentation that makes the
getting started story easier for older Ubuntu versions.   So, I think it
should exist.

If the deployer depends on the API and we are promoting it and making it
part of the core juju story (which we are) then the API-client should be in
stable.

I agree about backports being conceptually better, and we should continue
to pursue that wherever possible. but I still see a valid use case for a
stable PPA.   (And ultimately for a pocket in cloud archive or some such
thing...)

--Mark