Re: Cannot bootstrap due to “”precise“ images in RegionOne with arches [amd64 i386]” error

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Tue Aug 13 20:08:10 UTC 2013

Could you double check your urls and config files? There seems to be an
extra quote in the log output above:
"
2013-08-09 22:22:00 WARNING juju.environs.imagemetadata
simplestreams.go:293 cannot load index "
http://10.10.13.180:8080/v1/AUTH_3[...]e/juju-dist/"/"streams/v1/index.json":
unauthorised access to URL
"

Notice the dist/"/"streams/v1 stuff. Maybe an artifact of the email, though.

All being said, you need to be able to open the URL
<public-bucket-url>/juju-dist/streams/v1/index.json in your browser. If
that doesn't work, then juju won't work, there is no other way to specify
which image id it should use as far as I know.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Steven Hicks <shicks at seamlessti.com> wrote:

>  I did give everything read access after I created, and after I uploaded
> the files.****
>
> ****
>
> swift post juju-dist -r '.r:*'****
>
> ** **
>
> Also, if I try open
> http://10.10.13.180:8080/v1/AUTH_3[...]e/juju-dist/streams/v1/index.jsonin the browser, I get a 401 forbidden error.

The other scenario where swift gives back a 401 is if the bucket you are
referencing doesn't exist. In this case, "juju-dist". So double check all
these urls and openstack openrc.sh environment variables.