simplestreams path

Ian Booth ian.booth at canonical.com
Thu Aug 1 22:40:26 UTC 2013

On 02/08/13 01:27, Scott Moser wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Scott Moser <smoser at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't speak to what is implemented, but what I had thought we were going
>>> for was something like this:
>>>  * There are 2 "data locations" that juju needs to know about
>>>    - cloud_image_data_path
>>>    - juju_tools_path
>>>  * For each of these there is:
>>>    - global default
>>>    - provider-default
>>>    - user default
>>>    - user-specified value
>>>

>> One of the complications I can see is that the "path" you speak of is just
>> one for both things in some cases.
>
> Well I wasn't clear.  If there is just one way to specify this in juju,
> then thats not what I want.  There are 2 different variables/config that
> might just happen to be the same.

tl;dr; It's still a work in progress.

There is currently only the public-bucket-url config setting in juju, which if
set, will be used to locate both image metadata and tools in preference to any
other location. This is not the end goal, but the implementation to have
separate user-specified overrides for images and tools is not done yet. Once the
simplestreams metadata for tools is fully specified and we can produce working
metadata, then we can take the next step.