simplestreams path

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Thu Aug 1 12:53:56 UTC 2013

I'm on a quest to have juju use a custom image when launching instances, as
opposed to the one specified in the product-streams keystone catalog.

I ran the juju-metadata generate-image command, and this is the output:

andreas at nsn7:~$ juju-metadata generate-image -i
65a1e7ba-eb56-48e6-9b4e-8f7c0c05e779  -s precise -r serverstack
Boilerplate image metadata files "index.json, imagemetadata.json" have been
written to /home/andreas/.juju.
Copy the files to the path "streams/v1" in your cloud's public bucket.

What is my cloud public bucket? Is it the public-bucket-url from
environments.yaml? Because that doesn't specify a bucket, it stops short of
specifying one:

    public-bucket-url: http://host.com:8080/v1/AUTH_someid

Is "streams" in "streams/v1" above the bucket? Or is it the magical name
"juju-dist", and inside that "streams/v1" and then the files?