Default-Image-Id

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Mon Apr 22 04:32:05 UTC 2013

On 22/04/13 16:29, Ian Booth wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 22/04/13 13:41, anirup dutta wrote:
>> Hey Ian,
>>
>> Thanks for the information. I am kind of surprised because, the earlier
>> versions of Juju allowed specifying a user defined default image by putting
>> it up in the environmental configuration (
>> https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/provider-configuration-ec2.html) so I didn't
>> expect the feature to be removed. Good to hear that it is making a
>> comeback.
>>

> The documentation you refer to is for the old Python version of juju, which is
> being replaced in 13.04 with a version written in Go. Both versions will be able
> to co-exist but the Go version is the way forward. In the new version, the use
> of default-image-id is currently deprecated as a means to explicitly choose a
> specific image to run (that's *my* understanding at least).

I don't think it is deprecated, just not implemented.

Getting constraints right is a big hunk of work, and it is work in
progress.  I think the development team is in agreement that we should
support instance-id as a valid constraint as people will want it,
however it is not currently implemented.

Cheers,
Tim