default instance type, openstack backend

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Mon Oct 29 14:29:03 UTC 2012

set a default instance type for the environment (unspecified comes out to
1cpu / 512mb ram)
juju bootstrap --constraints="instance-type=xxx"

use a different constraint for a particular service (and all its units)
juju deploy charm service_a --constraints="instance-type=xyz"

use a different constraint for new units of a service
juju set-constraints --service-name service_a instance-type=smaller
juju add-unit service_a

reset the constraint for a service to the env constraints
juju set-constraints service_a instance-type=any

hth,

Kapil