New local provider changes land in trunk - quantal users beware

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 8 14:18:17 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Sidnei da Silva's message of 2012-10-08 06:38:12 -0700:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, while testing this extensively, I ran into this kernel
> > bug in quantal quite a bit:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+source/linux/+bug/1021471
>
> While testing not-so-extensively I ran into a different and more
> subtle bug for which it doesn't seem like juju can't easily recover
> short of removing the broken tarball and starting over:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1063770

Hi Sidnei, thanks for testing!

This was actually already fixed in quantal's LXC:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/1037331

I went ahead and marked your report as a duplicate, and opened a task
against precise to fix this, as I do think it is worth an SRU.