if you haven't tried OpenStack with LXC yet

Thomas Leonard tal at it-innovation.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 15:31:38 UTC 2012

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there: it was OpenVPN that I initially installed
in a VM (not OpenStack itself).

I have been using Juju with local LXC for testing, but we needed a proper
server-based solution where we could deploy services for others to use.
Local LXC deployments aren't exposed to the public network and they don't
come back if the machine is rebooted, so they're not useful for production
at the moment.

It's interesting that OpenStack can be configured to use LXC. However, I
went with the default (KVM) and I didn't have any problems with that part.

Thanks,

--
Dr Thomas Leonard
IT Innovation Centre