Debug problem

Peter M. Petrakis peter.petrakis at canonical.com
Wed Nov 14 16:36:01 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 11:03 AM, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Marcos Barbosa
> <marcosestevesbarbosa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem:
>> I can't see the JUJU_* variables in debug-hook prompt.
>
> Ah, okay. That sounds like a problem indeed.
>
> Note that you can only see such variables in the one shell fired by
> debug-hooks. If you start new shells under tmux, it won't expose the
> necessary environment and it will show up as this exact symptom.
>

> gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net

It would be neat if we could run debug-hooks directly on the host
or just setup the entire environment on demand. This would also
help with ancillary scripts that support complex charms. Currently
I have to save away any envvars necessary at install time and
echo | sed them into local scripts to maintain context.

Peter