amqp-relation-changed hook never runs

Evan Dandrea evan.dandrea at canonical.com
Tue Nov 13 14:38:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting two charms talking to AMQP at once. When
I run the following deployment script, the "daisy-retracer" charm
successfully runs both the amqp-relation-joined hook and the
amqp-relation-changed-hook.

The "daisy" charm, however, only seems to run the amqp-relation-joined
hook. While the amqp-relation-changed hook shows up in the logs with
"unit.relation.lifecycle at DEBUG: Executing hook amqp-relation-changed",
I do not see the "hook.executor at DEBUG: Running hook:
/var/.../amqp-relation-changed" message that's present in the log for
the "daisy-retracer" charm.

Inserting "juju-log $(basename $0)" into the relation-changed hook
never produces amqp-relation-changed in the charm.log file, probably
confirming that it's never run.

Does anyone have suggestions of what my next steps should be in
debugging this, or have any idea why this might be happening?

The aforementioned deployment script can be bootstrapped and run with
the following commands:

mkdir -p ~/bzr/precise
bzr branch lp:~ev/charms/precise/daisy-retracer/trunk
~/bzr/precise/daisy-retracer
bzr branch lp:~ev/charms/precise/daisy/trunk ~/bzr/precise/daisy
bzr branch lp:~ev/charms/precise/errors/trunk ~/bzr/precise/errors
bzr branch lp:~ev/+junk/whoopsie-daisy-deployment
~/bzr/whoopsie-daisy-deployment
~/bzr/whoopsie-daisy-deployment

Thanks