Deploying multiple applications to a single environment?

Darryl Weaver darryl.weaver at canonical.com
Mon Nov 12 21:20:25 UTC 2012

Hi All,

So, here is an interesting question about deploying multiple
applications.  This is a question about best practises.

Say, I am a system administrator who wants to deploy many similar web
applications.  But I want each one to have it's own environment on
different servers and all deployed using Juju, for performance, security
and DR reasons.

So, for example, I would like to have a wordpress app node and mysql
database node (for wordpress only) and a load balancer (for wordpress
only), but I also want to have another application, such as limesurvey
app, db server and load balancer.

So, do I create multiple environments to contain each of my applications
or do I deploy to the same environment?

If I am deploying to the same environment, how do I specify separation
between applications and relationships between specific instances?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

--
Best Wishes,

Darryl Weaver
Sales Engineer,
Canonical
Desk: +44 (0)207 630 2400 ext 507516
Mobile: +44 (0)7720088049
GPG FPR: EA3F 3805 9347 87EC 9CBB 8C1E DADC 82C9 B16B 0403