Finishing off the "unprovider" aka. "ssh provider"

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 10 00:21:18 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

We've had interest in the past on a simple ssh provider, something
that would allow you to deploy charms on a single box:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/juju/2012-September/001883.html

Jono ran into this when he wanted to use the (awesome) Wordpress
charm, but he's on some VPS:
http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/11/10/vpss-ubuntu-and-juju/

So what we were thinking, while the core team is concentrating on the
hyperscale aspects of Juju, given the amount of people with "a box in
the corner someplace", or a VPS,  and the large Python community in
Ubuntu ... perhaps there's an itch that can be scratched here?

So I've added a page for people interested:

https://juju.ubuntu.com/Unprovider

The idea is to check out the existing work (thanks Thomas Leonard!),
and see what needs to happen to finish it off, giving people a taste
of how easy/fun juju is to use. Thoughts?

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.