charm store: serve metadata and config?

William Reade william.reade at canonical.com
Wed May 23 13:59:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 10:21 -0300, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> This breaks the deployment of local charms. Let's please resist the
> temptation of screwing up what we know works in Python unless we have
> a very clear plan.

Well, we certainly have to upload local charms (I had no intention of
doing otherwise); this just seemed like a small and minimally-impactful
optimisation that would improve (perceived) deploy snappiness in the
most common case. Keeping to more-similar code paths throughout is
unlikely to be a bad idea, though, so I'm happy with this; we can always
make it smoother later :).

Cheers
William