Attention ~charmers - HALP!

Jorge O. Castro jorge at
Thu May 3 16:19:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at> wrote:
> The OMG story was amazing. Would it be worth spotlighting a charm every
> week for rapid iteration and focus?

Last cycle we were concentrating on just getting the basic charms in
there, this cycle we're going to add an element of going deep on
certain charms, so for example the next contest might be "Pimp my
Hadoop" or something where we have work on a certain service to add
config options, etc.

We've also got some newer charms that come "hotrodded" out of the box,
like Brandon's drupal work so it feels like the newer incoming charms
have started to become more sophisticated than the older ones that
just apt-get installed something. Those of you interested in seeing
where we should focus charm effort can attend the session on Thursday
for UDS:

Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.