Stuck on Starting container... since upgrade to precise :(

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Tue May 1 16:34:33 UTC 2012

Quoting Luis Arias (kaaloo at gmail.com):
> Thank you Serge!  I continued some work using an ec2 environment but local
> is so much faster!
>
> This is what's in my /etc/lxc/lxc.conf file which is straight from the
> package installation (before the upgrade to precise):
>
> lxc.network.type=veth
> lxc.network.link=lxcbr0
> lxc.network.flags=up

Can you get a snapshot of /var/lib/lxc/<container>/config while juju
is attempting to start one of its containers?

If you do:

	lxc-create -t ubuntu -n p1
	lxc-start -n p1

do you get the same error?

> I'll learn more about lxc and see I can dig up a valid value for an
>  explicit lxc.cgroup.devices.allow setting.

You don't need to put those into the /etc/lxc/lxc.conf.  The container
creation templates put those into /var/lib/lxc/<container>/config.
Perhaps juju adds some custom ones as well.

-serge