How's our documentation looking?

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 14 13:47:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I've never understood how splitting the docs into another branch would
> attract more contribution. If anything its now more confusing because
> trunk still has docs and its not clear where to edit docs... we should
> perhaps make it a priority to clear out the docs directory from lp:juju.

At the time we felt that splitting it off would be easier for new
contributors than messing with juju trunk.

In hindsight I think having docs on the wiki (ugh!) would get us more
contributions since it's low barrier, but we already know how painful
that can be, which is why I think Kapil's idea of having a nice easy
to use web front end for docs backed up by VCS would be the way to go.
I thought that there would be some sort of project out there that did
this but apparently there isn't.

> I don't recall, did we ever put out a call for help after the split? There
> may be people out there who don't know that we need help but would be
> thrilled to at least review the docs.

I did on ubuntu-docs, but that was a bit back now, I'll polish off the
"how to contribute docs to juju" stuff and do another round of calls
for help.