Unit state during charm upgrade

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Mar 5 19:13:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 16:05, Kapil Thangavelu
<kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com> wrote:
> Yeah.. this sounds like the most reasonable thing to me, ie. exposing the unit
> charm version, its available right now just not exposed via status. Its a good
> marker that the upgrade is in progress, but it is changed right before the
> unit's upgrade-changed hook is invoked, ie. as soon as the newer charm version
> is on disk. The upgrade isn't technically complete till this hook has been invoked.

Right, but at the same time it seems a bit awkward to be "lying" in
status if the charm is indeed the newest one. The hook may not have
finished yet (and may even fail), but the charm is already the new
one.. hmmm.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net