Relation's need config too

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 23 22:58:40 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Robert Collins's message of 2012-07-23 12:37:33 -0700:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > This is comes up a lot, and relates to the need for juju to have simple
> > leader election support:
>
> I can see how using elections would approximate the same
> configuration.... However we don't do elections at all at the moment.
> I suspect we'd be entirely happy just telling the two haproxies that
> they are cooperating and that one is master.
>
> Tom, might help to attach a trimmed & anonymised
> haproxy-{nutmeg,banana} config here - it would make it crystal clear
> what we do :)

Yes something concrete would help. There's no mention of the word
'master' here:

http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/doc/configuration.txt

Nor is there a 'slave', or 'peer'. All the "High Availability with
haproxy" tutorials I see suggest floating IPs for the HA in HAProxy,
and even their logo does not have any lines between the H and the A. So
its hard to understand how they can be informed of one another or work
together at all.