lp:charm vs. lp:charms

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Wed Jan 18 22:03:23 UTC 2012

On 12-01-18 12:32 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 14:45, Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I admit finding myself typing lp:charms first, then removing the "s",
>> but I don't think it's worth the effort...unless a simple redirect is
>> possible. (my two cents)
>
> I've talked to Francis, and someone is already working on the move
> over. Apparently it is possible to have an alias so that the old
> location still points to the new one, which is awesome. That said,
> please do expect potential minor issues and upcoming interruptions at
> any moment now.
>
> Kudos to the Launchpad guys for the prompt action.

There is actually a gotcha which is the same than when we went from
Principia to Charm.

bzr doesn't support the alias for branches. So all branches branched out
under ~user/charm will be broken and will have to be branched out again
from ~user/charms

In short, https://launchpad.net/charm can redirect to
https://launchpad.net/charms, but that doesn't work for branches.

Do you still want me to do the rename?