Coordination: updating bug status regularly

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Tue Jan 17 19:01:40 UTC 2012

> Hi.  My squad is enjoying working with Juju.  I've encouraged us to dig
> in and not only file bugs for problems we encounter, but work on them.

As we talked, we're delighted to have you guys on board.

> We had a coordination problem with
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/902143 . Graham Binns claimed the
> bug and went a long way to fixing it over the past day or two, and then
> subsequently saw Ben Saller link a branch from over a week ago.

As a minor, if Graham has been working for a few days on it, it sounds
like an in-flight conflict. Looking at the bug, I note that the status
was updated to show progress only a few hours ago.

> It's not a huge problem this once.  At Gustavo's encouragement, Graham
> will also push the branch and make a merge proposal, to see if there are
> any differences or changes in his code that might be valuable to
> incorporate.

That'd be great, thanks!

> For the future, I'm going to encourage my squad to join this list and
> announce the bugs that we tackle, in addition to continuing to use the
> Launchpad interface to claim the bugs and link the branches.

That should indeed avoid this kind of problem.

> It would also be useful for us if the core Juju devs updated the bug
> status regularly.

+1!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer