Proposed API Change - Get default repo/namespace from environment variable.

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Tue Feb 28 22:58:24 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Gustavo Niemeyer's message of 2012-02-28 17:47:09 -0500:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 19:38, Kapil Thangavelu
> <kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Series is a little different. Its specified/required in the environments.yaml.
>
> Not really.. that was a temporary hack that must die before 12.04.
>
> Series is a property of the charm URL:
>
>     juju deploy cs:~kapil/oneiric/hadoop
>
> That's the way to deploy hadoop on Oneiric.
>
> > The other options here are just additional parameterization of existing cli
> > options.
>
> All of the default namespace, as proposed, is just parameterization of
> the namespace used in the command line. No further semantic changes
> are implied in addition to what was already agreed on.
>
> > ie. including series means collapsing two configuration items into a single
>
> Series is already a property of the charm URL, and that was the plan
> since we first discussed series. Are you just now realizing that? I'm
> a bit concerned now.

sigh.. no i realize that, but i wanted to reconcile with the hack, which as
i noted originally is required atm. if we remove the hack then the conflict goes
away. we'll need to land the constraints work first, and we can proceed with
that.

cheers,
kapil