Realigning charm workflow to match Ubuntu

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 28 21:40:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

Clint, Mark Mims, and I started talking about this on the phone but
think it's better to have the discussion here to get more opinions.

Right now we're not using merge proposals for charms, we ask people to
file a bug and manually attach a branch, then we ask people to tag it
with "new-charm" and we do a review and move on.

This is a bummer for a few reasons, one that is particularly annoying
is that we are different from other Ubuntu projects, so we can't
lovingly steal documentation or tools that other people are using.
Surely someday we'd like to have tarmac autoland fixes to charms as
they come in or whatever.

When we started we found a problem with being able to handle new
charms with the existing Launchpad MP process. (Clint, insert your
explanation here). I'd like to revisit that and bring it up for
discussion again because I'd like to not be the odd one out.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.