Persistence in charms

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Fri Feb 24 19:20:04 UTC 2012

> However, Juju always has access to a read/write object store, so it
> seems natural that it would abstract that away and give the users a
> means by which they could make use of it in charms. This needs careful
> consideration, but I think ultimately its a nice 2nd toe in the water
> for persistence (the first toe being EBS volumes on EC2).

Good points. I'm happy to think about adding value via first class
access to environment-specific storage. This would be a completely new
feature that has to be separate from what juju currently uses the
storage for. There must be a path towards securing the data in a way
that charms can't see each others data unless explicitly allowed to,
and also to secure content from the management bucket.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net

-- I'm not absolutely sure of anything.