Juju feedback from the Launchpad Yellow Squad

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Fri Feb 17 17:26:12 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Graham Binns's message of Wed Feb 15 13:30:51 -0500 2012:
> Hello Juju people (Are we supposed to call you priests? Shamans?
> Anyway...)
>
> We on the Launchpad Yellow Squad have been working on producing a couple
> of Charms for buildbot (one for the buildmaster, one for buildslaves)
> over the last few weeks. Now that we're ready to submit our Charms to
> you for review, we also wanted to put together some feedback about our
> experience with Juju and with developing Charms. Hopefully it will be of
> some use to you.

> Feedback
> ~~~~~~~~

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to capture a summary of some of the changes in progress as a
result of this thread.

 - Juju's environment can be specified via environment variable.
   bug: 933165 (branch in review)

 - juju deploy should take an upgrade flag, which use the latest available
   charm, either on disk or from the charm store (based on the charm's original
   origin) regardless of previously used versions.
   bug: 933695 (branch in review)

 - juju upgrade-charm will take a force flag, which allow charm upgrades
   from any state.
   bug: 934350 (In progress)

cheers,

Kapil