Questions / problems running LXC related unit tests

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Wed Feb 15 19:46:57 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Haitao Jiang's message of Wed Feb 15 11:59:35 -0500 2012:
> Hi, there
>
> Just join the mailing list. Apologize if this has been asked before. I
> have download the juju source
>
> bzr branch lp:juju
>
> and tried to run just the LXC tests, so far it has been failing.
>
> My questions
>
> - Do I need to run the LXC tests as sudo?

No, there is an environment variable (TEST_LXC) required or the lxc tests are
skipped. The lxc tests will prompt for sudo as needed.

> - It seems that it can not connect to 192.168.122.1:3142 - anyway to
> get around this?

Juju relies on the default libvirt network setup for its lxc usage. There's a
known issue with the libvirt usage though that the user needs to relogin to get
the group memberships after installing the libvirt-bin package.

We've got several helpful folks on the irc channel #juju on irc.freenode.net

hth,

Kapil