Juju based weekend project

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Fri Aug 31 14:08:06 UTC 2012

Hey Shafiq,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Shafiq Alibhai <email at shafiq.in> wrote:
> Using Juju and wordpress I tried to mimic something like an Android app
> store, albeit for web apps.
>
> This is what I came up with -> http://cloud.issani.in
> To spawn an ec2 instance you need to click the big blue button, fill the
> form and click deploy. Try wordpress on the site.

This is great indeed, and pretty too.

> The last time I worked on this weekend project was about 6 months back and
> am sure some bugs may have surfaced by now, also considering Juju is under
> heavy development.
>
> I'm not sure about how useful this website is, if at all. :)
> Let me know what you think about it.

It feels very neat, although I couldn't get it to really work for me.
I ended up with a single 11.10 machine running on my account, but it
wasn't serving anything on any standard ports. After a few minutes, it
has shutdown itself and gone onto stopped mode. It doesn't feel like
usual juju behavior, so I'm not sure about what could be going on
there.

Do you plan to push the idea forward somehow?

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net