Juju + OpenNebula?

Thomas Leonard tal at it-innovation.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 09:24:23 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-31 19:03, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Thomas Leonard's message of 2012-07-31 03:07:05 -0700:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to connect Juju to OpenNebula?
>>
>> I tried enabling OpenNebula's EC2 interface, but I don't see what to put for
>> Juju's s3-uri option.
>>

> Juju needs a place to store the charms, and some data so clients can
> find the zookeeper server.
>
> Really the provider should be called "aws" not "ec2" because it must
> have S3, and the S3 and compute must share auth details.
>
> You probably could hack together an opennebula provider which extended
> the EC2 provider and used some other S3-compatible object store. But its
> not going to work without code of some kind to resolve opennebula's auth
> with the S3 auth.

What is the security model? It looks like PUT is generally restricted, but
I'm not sure whether GETs are supposed to be (from a brief look, it seems
that the ec2 provider does restrict access, but the orchestra one doesn't).

Would it be possible to run a StorageServer on the master, using scp to
upload the files?

--
Dr Thomas Leonard
IT Innovation Centre