juju Mac OS Lion

tog guillaume.alleon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:21:25 UTC 2012

my $USER is there.

I did what you suggest (chown & edit of formula) but still get an error.
It looks like my user can not change my system python.

bash-3.2$ echo $USER
tog
bash-3.2$ echo $PATH
/Applications/groovy-1.8.6/bin:/Applications/grails-2.0.1/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Applications/ec2-api-tools-1.5.3.0/bin:/usr/local/Library/Contributions/cmds
bash-3.2$ export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:$PATH
bash-3.2$ brew install juju
==> Cloning lp:juju
Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/juju--bzr
Tree is up to date at revision 532 of branch
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~juju/juju/trunk

==> easy_install PyYAML txaws pydot oauth txzookeeper
error: can't create or remove files in install directory

The following error occurred while trying to add or remove files in the
installation directory:

    [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/test-easy-install-69034.write-test'

The installation directory you specified (via --install-dir, --prefix, or
the distutils default setting) was:

    /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/

Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory?  If the
installation directory is a system-owned directory, you may need to sign in
as the administrator or "root" account.  If you do not have administrative
access to this machine, you may wish to choose a different installation
directory, preferably one that is listed in your PYTHONPATH environment
variable.

For information on other options, you may wish to consult the
documentation at:

  http://packages.python.org/distribute/easy_install.html

Please make the appropriate changes for your system and try again.

==> Build Environment
CPU: 8-core 64-bit sandybridge
MacOS: 10.7.3-x86_64
Xcode: 4.3
CC: /usr/bin/clang
CXX: /usr/bin/clang++ => /usr/bin/clang
LD: /usr/bin/clang
CFLAGS: -w -pipe
CXXFLAGS: -w -pipe
Error: Failed executing: easy_install PyYAML txaws pydot oauth txzookeeper
(juju.rb:27)
If `brew doctor' does not help diagnose the issue, please report the bug:
    https://github.com/jujutools/homebrew-juju/issues/new
bash-3.2$