Deploying units with a specific AMI

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Thu Apr 26 20:18:01 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Graham Binns's message of 2012-04-26 15:47:41 -0400:
> Hi all,
>
> Long story short: I'd like to be able to launch Juju nodes on EC2
> using a specific AMI. I know I used to be able to do this by setting
> default-image-id in my environments.yaml, but this now causes Juju to
> shout at me and then exit. Clint mentioned that he thought there was a
> way to use default-image-id still, but he couldn't recall it. Does
> anyone know what it might be?
>
> To save bikeshedding, I know that this is not the best way to do
> things. I'm looking to solve a particular problem and whilst there are
> other, more elegant solutions I'd quite like to know if my original,
> ugly solution could actually work.
>
> TIA,
>
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
> http://launchpad.net/~gmb

you have to specify the ec2 url endpoint to use default-image-id, its
functionality is preserved for private cloud usage where we don't have nesc.
have an image to distro release mapping atm.

hth,

Kapil

http://jujucharms.com/docs/provider-configuration-ec2.html