Deploying units with a specific AMI

Graham Binns graham at canonical.com
Thu Apr 26 19:47:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Long story short: I'd like to be able to launch Juju nodes on EC2
using a specific AMI. I know I used to be able to do this by setting
default-image-id in my environments.yaml, but this now causes Juju to
shout at me and then exit. Clint mentioned that he thought there was a
way to use default-image-id still, but he couldn't recall it. Does
anyone know what it might be?

To save bikeshedding, I know that this is not the best way to do
things. I'm looking to solve a particular problem and whilst there are
other, more elegant solutions I'd quite like to know if my original,
ugly solution could actually work.

TIA,

Graham

--