Desperate Plea for Help with Documentation

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 3 14:12:39 UTC 2012

On 04/02/2012 06:28 PM, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> With the store now live and functioning...and a bazillion other changes
>> recently added, we *really* need a push for improved documentation
>> before 12.04 releases.  Given we have our own wiki for docs, we're not
>> beholden to a doc freeze, so we have time...but not that much.
>
> I'd love to do this, when you say wiki do you mean the juju wiki or
> the ubuntu wiki? The juju wiki is still locked down because it's also
> acting as our home page.
>
> Is it maybe time to just open it up, and drop the twitter integration
> thing and whatever other widgets make us have to keep it locked down?
It's not just the twitter feed (or I would have done it already), we'd
also lose the embedded html, e.g. videos, charm browser, and documentation

> Or do the work on the ubuntu wiki?
I'd rather do it on the juju wiki and have the ubuntu wiki reference it
where applicable.

> Either way we also need to fix lp:juju/docs as well.
So I thought lp:juju/docs generated the docs embedded on
juju.ubuntu.com/Documentation (pulled from
https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/)...is this not the case?  If so, why not.
 Seems like we'd want a single set of docs, not multiples.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)