11.10 beta2 due Thursday (9/22), status for upload to Ubuntu

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Thu Sep 22 05:27:29 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Robbie Williamson's message of Wed Sep 21 07:33:58 -0700 2011:
> On 09/21/2011 12:34 AM, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> > Ideally we could freeze on friday, with upload wednesday, if we're
> > willing to drop local dev, then thursday freeze with tuesday upload should be
> > fine, else we'd could try dropping a day of feature freeze/testing/bugfix mode.
> If the difference between local dev making the release or not is just
> one day, I'd say go with the first option...unless there's a lack of
> confidence in it being tested adequately by the 11.10 release.

The big question is getting reviews on the local dev stuff, so fixes and
feedback can be incorporated. ATM, these branches represent all the branches in
the review queue (down to 7 branches from 17 total yesterday). Depending on the
delivery of the reviews and scope of those changes per, its really hard to say
definitvely, if this will be ready for upload friday.

-Kapil