MediaWiki and Wikimedia Labs hack-a-thon in New Orleans - Oct 14, 15, and 16

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 1 03:41:28 UTC 2011

The Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting a hack-a-thon in New Orleans
on October 14, 15, and 16. Since our communities will be working
together on Ensemble in Wikimedia Labs, I'd like to invite everyone to
attend.

The theme of this event: "the infrastructure of innovation". We're
going to improve and discuss the Wikimedia Labs project's
infrastructure and other stuff that makes it easier for anyone to
supercharge Wikimedia with awesomeness. We're going to work on our
gadgets/extensions/tools support, authorization/authentication
strategy, dev-ops virtualization, and general training and hacking.

It's mostly going to be dev sprints and bugsmashing, with some
discussion and workshops. We'll definitely be having some in-depth
architecture discussions and planning for Ensemble.

For more information, see: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/NOLA_Hackathon

If you plan on attending, please add your name to the attendees list!

- Ryan Lane