Local/LXC provider

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Wed Oct 5 14:01:04 UTC 2011

Late breaking updates to local provider.

zookeeperd isn't required anymore, libzookeeper-java suffices and saves an extra
java process.

ppa version needed is revno 388

working config example snippet for a local provider

  laptop:
    type: local
    data-dir: /tmp/local-dev
    admin-secret: b3a5dee4fb8c4fc9a4db04751e5936f4
    juju-origin: ppa
    default-series: oneiric

please note, that using /tmp for a data-dir won't survive reboots. the
environment will need to be destroyed and bootstrap unless a more permanent
location is chosen.

we're looking into issue for some where plymouth --ping hangs at boot in the
container.

hth,

Kapil

Excerpts from Kapil Thangavelu's message of Tue Oct 04 21:14:32 -0400 2011: