openstack has been tested..

Clint Byrum clint.byrum at canonical.com
Sun Oct 2 14:21:31 UTC 2011

Hi John, glad you are interested.

On Oct 2, 2011, at 5:37, john alexander sanabria ordonez <john.sanabria at correounivalle.edu.co> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago, I installed ensemble but I didn't have access to the Amazon EC2 platform therefore I didn't play with the tool.
>
> Reading now the Juju's project home page, I read that it "will operate the same in an EC2 API compatible cloud". Many cloud software solutions follow this standard (I guess) for instance eucalyptus and OpenStack, Am I right?
> I have ten blades where  OpenStack has been deployed, I wonder if I can test Juju against that infrastructure. Some additional configuration steps are required for interacting with a private cloud solution instead of a public one?

Openstack is quite exciting, and very strategically important for Ubuntu Server's goal to be the best cloud host and guest.

Several of us have been testing it against the diablo release, and it seems to work fine. Make sure you are running the release version of diablo, as we found quite a few issues with the ec2 compatibility that were fixed late.

There shouldn't be any special setup.

One thing that has not been tested is using swift as the S3 component directly, we have only tested nova-objectstore directly.

So, good luck, and hopefully you can report back here how your experience goes!