charm testing framework - partial solution?

Mark Mims mark.mims at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 19:18:59 UTC 2011

Hey, so testing charms correctly is hard.  What about a partial solution
to automated charm testing that can be delivered sooner?

There's actually quite a bit of value in just insuring that install
hooks complete.

I think it's worth dedicating a system to just do regular deploys, wait
for a corresponding 'started' state, and report on the outcome... no
stacks, no relations.  We'll obviously need to build on this over time,
but just this one step would vastly improve the maintainability of the
charm store.

Thoughts?

--
Mark Mims, Ph.D.