watch out for architecture dependent charms

Mark Mims mark.mims at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 16:16:55 UTC 2011

Just a note for charm-craft (writing, reviewing, and testing)... ran
across an architecture-dependent bug while reviewing a charm.  No real
surprise... the charm downloads binary bits.

Charm authors/reviewers, please watch out for such things.

Our automated test framework should at least tag charms according to
which architectures they pass tests against. (?)

While reviewing, I typically put together the simplest stack script
that'll give the charm a basic workout, then spin this up in lxc if it's
small enough and ec2 if that works.  That's ok for review, but automated
testing's gotta catch more to maintain a working set of charms over time.

--
Mark Mims, Ph.D.
Canonical Ltd.
mark.mims at canonical.com