juju for testing purposes

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Nov 28 13:21:57 UTC 2011

> We've talked about having a restful interface on every node, which would
> allow for direct inspection and manipulation of juju properties for that
> node.

Indeed, except s/on every node/for every node/. It'll be a single
interface, that enables tweaking any of the nodes.

> It might be interesting to enable charms to expose restful elements in
> the tree, so to speak. That would mean that something the charm provides
> could respond to an HTTP query. In Marc's case, that could be the rest
> results, or a status message saying they were not ready yet.

When we do get to the REST interface, we'll also support configuration
changes through it, which is effectively a channel of communication
with the charm itself as you describe.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net