juju for testing purposes

Marc Tardif marc.tardif at canonical.com
Thu Nov 24 16:33:18 UTC 2011

* Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> [2011-11-24 15:59 +0000]:
> On 24/11/11 15:49, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > That bit about getting them back to your local machine may not fly
> > though. Juju is designed to scale to many thousands of instances, so
> > everything is asynchronous. So you're going to have to find a way to get
> > it back to you.. if the results are small, email might be the simplest
> > method. Also the install hook can't tell the machine to terminate. So
> > you'd end up doing something like this
>
> We've talked about having a restful interface on every node, which would
> allow for direct inspection and manipulation of juju properties for that
> node.
>
> It might be interesting to enable charms to expose restful elements in
> the tree, so to speak. That would mean that something the charm provides
> could respond to an HTTP query. In Marc's case, that could be the rest
> results, or a status message saying they were not ready yet.

Considering the asynchronous nature of juju, a message queue interface to
which I could subscribe seems to ring more true than a restful interface
that I would need to poll periodically. Not being particularly familiar
with the project, yet, would that make sense?

--
Marc Tardif <marc.tardif at canonical.com>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3 at jabber.org
1024D/72679CAD 09A9 D871 F7C4 A18F AC08 674D 2B73 740C 7267 9CAD