Do we need charm "snippets"?

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 23 19:20:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Marco Ceppi <marco.ceppi at seacrow.org> wrote:
> Feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Well done! Live prototyping for the win.

For the sake of the list here's some thoughts we punted around on IRC
yesterday (thanks for everyone's feedback so far)

* Page of links to pastebin.ubuntu.com
  - Not automated
  - not version controlled
  - but quick and easy

* Snippets on the wiki.
  - Nobody liked this, at all.

 * github gists - each "pastebin" is a git branch
  - version controlled
  - can't improve a gist, it just makes a fork.
  - still not automated enough ootb, then we'd have to sync back to lp, etc.

 * tagged snippets on pad.ubuntu.com
  - not version controlled
  - tag search busted on etherpad anyway.
  - semi automated indexing (if it worked).

Right around this point everyone was starting to come around to
improving our built in toolset, and now Marco has a first cut.