API change: juju CLI support for adding/removing multiple service units at once

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 16 23:25:19 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Mark Shuttleworth's message of Wed Nov 16 14:31:06 -0800 2011:
> On 16/11/11 22:26, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > Excerpts from Gustavo Niemeyer's message of Wed Nov 16 12:49:13 -0800 2011:
> >> It certainly sounds tasteful to have an argument on add-unit and
> >> deploy and also supporting multiple arguments on remove-unit.
> >>
> >> Can we please have just the -n option, though?  The long form isn't
> >> necessary in this case IMO.
> >>
> > Agreed, if it stands then -n would be a welcome addition.
> >
> > Crazy idea..Is there any reason this isn't just an optional positional
> > argument?  With the restrictions on service names and charm names,
> > we can just say any positive integer given to add-unit or deploy is a
> > number of units.
> >
> > juju add-unit 5 wordpress juju deploy hadoop-slave 20
> >

> What about:
>
>  juju deploy wordpress 5
>  juju add-unit <name of service> n

Oops, fmt ate my original intended formatting

juju add-unit 5 wordpress
juju deploy hadoop-slave 20

To Gustavo's point, is there a reason to avoid this way?

It seems fudamental to the object of the command. I want 5 more units
in wordpress, I want to deploy 20 hadoop-slaves.