Charm maintainership in metadata.yaml?

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 14 22:35:13 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 04:19 PM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 14/11/11 22:17, Clint Byrum wrote:
>> Likewise, there will be charms with no maintainer that will
>> be handled much like Ubuntu packages, where the maintainer would just
>> be charmers at ubuntu.com or something like that.
>
> I think it would be good practice to have a designated person or LP team
> associated with every charm; an overall core charmers team would have a
> mandate to amend any core charm, but the charms should all have
> designated maintainers rather than being in one single bucket.

+1.  In recent efforts to have better/faster initial response to bugs in
Ubuntu packages residing in Main, we thought to use the package
maintainer to determine which team should be first responder...until we
noticed the *heavy* use of the generic "Ubuntu Developers" maintainer,
with email pointing to ubuntu-devel-discuss :/.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)