An opportunity for JuJu - django deployment

Mark Shuttleworth mark.shuttleworth at canonical.com
Mon Nov 14 20:45:58 UTC 2011

On 11/11/11 22:41, Michael Nelson wrote:
> Thanks Sidnei! Yes, it's a nice example of using a juju config to
> deploy a django development server for a branch.

This is a great win; and worth promoting as well as adopting in
Canonical wherever we use Django (which is plenty).

> I'd be interested to see how much is involved to have an Apache+django
> wsgi app charm that uses our IS's standard setup (possibly using the
> same puppet modules to setup machine states etc.), and can be related
> to an haproxy service etc. Let me know if you'll be looking into that
> (or Gustavo, if anyone else will be) - if not, I'll try to get some
> time to do so.

No need to push internal Canonical habits on the rest of the world, and
I suspect those internal deployment patterns are changing quickly in any
event. Let's see if we can make this work nicely for IS with pure juju,
or using puppet solely for its DSL and config file smarts.

Mark